When a comparison is performed, comparison
editors appear in the editor area. The differences between files are highlighted
in the comparison editors, allowing you to browse and copy changes between the compared
To compare resources:
- Select one or more resources in one of the navigation views.
- From the resource's pop-up menu, select Compare With.
A tool for viewing differences is opened in the editor area.
Here are some of the comparisons that you can perform.
- Compare With > Latest from HEAD
- compares the selected resource with the version of the same resource that
is currently committed to the active branch. This option is available for
CVS. This ,or a similar option, may or may not be available for other repository
- Compare With > Another Branch or Version
- compares the selected resource with a version that has been committed to
the repository or to the latest version in a particular branch. This requires
you to choose a version of the resource or a branch from a list. This option
is available for CVS. This, or a similar option, may or may not be available
for other repository types.
- Compare With > Each Other
- compares two or three selected resources with each other
- Compare With > History...
- compares the selected resource with a version of the same resource that
was committed to the active branch. This action will open the History view in
compare mode. You will then be able to choose which revision you wish to compare
by double clicking on a revision in the History view. This option is available for CVS. This, or a
similar option, may or may not be available for other repository types.
- Compare With > Local History
- compares the selected resource to one that is in the local history, which
is maintained when you save changes. (Tip: to configure the size
and depth of your local history, use the
General > Workspace > Local History preference page.)
Tip: You can customize the behavior of the comparison editor with the
General > Compare/Patch preference page.
You can select to "synchronize scrolling" of the pane contents, as well
as setting options for showing conflicts with other team members and changing
the default font.
Synchronizing with a CVS repository
Three way comparisons
Synchronizing with the repository
Merging changes in the Compare editor
Setting preferences for comparing files
Comparing resources with repository versions
Understanding the comparison
Working with patches
CVS Synchronize view